Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stuart Zender's funky slappy thingy

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by LimpyBizkit397, Jul 14, 2002.

1. I was just wondering if anybody else hold the bass the way Stuart does when he slaps. How does he get it like that? I would think that his arm would get in the way, but I guess it doesn't. If you don't know what I'
    m talking about just look at some pics of him playing.

2. uhhh...who is Stuart Zender?

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Who is Stuart Zender? :eek: ... kids these days... wait I'm 19. Alright, for the most part Mr. Zender plays bass for Jamirioquaialieskabeskatpatowmela. Oh yeah and Limpy... I'm pretty sure no one knows what the hell your talking about.

4. thank you for educating me.

5. Hey that's what were all here for ;) , if you like your bass funky, you should check this guy out, he kicks the proverbial ass.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I hold my bass that way at times. For the most part, he wore his bass up high, as do I, because you get a cleaner technique, slapwise. Hope this made sense. Try it while playing "Mr. Moon", and you'll see what I mean.

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i've started to do that too. it's alot more efficient when slapping. marcus miller is another person who slaps at such an angle (among many others)

:sniff: i miss stu :(

8. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    Canada
    hold your bass high, plucking arm inline with the strings, then just twist your forearm to slap. works real purdy. Stu's neck seems to be pointing on downwards angle sometimes..

I too miss stu...:(

9. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    Canada
    thats why the

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    ok, that's pretty cool. I'm pretty sure I figured out what your talking about but... why do you miss stu... what happened?

11. He left Jamiroquai.

Has anyone heard anything about his Azure project. Will anything be released soon? What kind of music is it?

12. Last thing I heard he was working with All Saints (with his wife Mel Blatt) possibally producing but AS have split up now so not sure what he is doing anymore! I've heard rumours about this Azur thing for ages but not heard any material.

We need that guy back on the scene!