1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

STUBBORN THUMB PRINTS ON TUNERS

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by guitardefector, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Hello bass community. I have a used 90s Peavey Fury I bought last year. Amazing instrument, however I can't get a few set-in thumb prints to come out of the butterfly tuners. I tried chrome polish and lots of elbow grease but they just come back. Is there a certain acid or solution I can buy to remove them, and make them look new again?? I thought about dipping them overnight in jewelry cleaner but wasn't sure if that would make it worse? Any suggestion would be so helpful. Thanks.:help:

2. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've had good luck with a stainless steel polich called SimiChrome.

3. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Oops. Make that "polish". I never polich my chrome.

4. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Try a product called "White Diamond" polish. It is the best I have found & works great on all metals with out scratching.

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    SimiChrome IS NOT FOR CHROME!!!! It will scratch chrome. 40 years in the Harley biz, I know polishes

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020