1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stuck on Raining Blood

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Psyrcle, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

I need some sort of free video or website that explains the fingering technique of Tom. I can't download a movie off of Kazza or Soulseek (don't know why but the programs don't work) and I searched for hours looking for a webpage. HALP! :crying:

2. axlblue

axlblue

Mar 19, 2005
    I get most of my video clips from Bearshare, try looking there. It amazes me when I watch the WAR AT THE WARFIELD DVD. He plays all of this stuff like it's the easiest work on the planet.......while singing! I guess it's frustrating to me because I can't even think about singing when I'm playing without destroying the song. I guess that puts me in the "can't walk and chew gum" category. Oh well, hope you find what you're looking for, I would like to see something about it myself.

3. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

I can't use any kind of peer to peer downloading. :scowl:I used to use bearshare and kazaa but after a lot of people in my apartment building started using Charter my downloading went to a halt.

I want to get Still Reigning because it has a Tom only camera angle and it focuses on his playing.

4. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    Tom has used a pick since the 90s
    He cheats sometimes and plays open E live

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yep, what xpcapox said!

There is nothing really hard about his playing. Just use a pick and develop your double picking technique and you'll be fine.

That being said, I'm a huge Slayer fan! :bassist:

6. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

Thanks for the info1