1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stuck with FX pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by active_enemy, Sep 28, 2008.

1. active_enemy

active_enemy

Jan 4, 2008
    I'm looking to create a really old and gritty yet obviously loud bass kind of sound. I've been experimenting with my line 6 amp and all its pre fx it has to offer but am wanting to branch out and get quite alot more out of my bass.
    I've been looking to bassists like Paul D'amour (ex-Tool), Ben Shephard (Soundgarden), John Myung (Dream Theater) and Liam Wilson (Dillinger Escape Plan) for influences. I'm also wanting to create a really fat distorted sound so it almost sounds like I'm playing a guitar through a bass amp.
    Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

2. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Buy a valve amp and crank it? Or (cheaper) a valve overdrive pedal like the EHX English Muff'n.

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I may be missing something here, but have you tried a distortion pedal? ;) Also have you searched here on the word "distortion"?

5. almost sounds like I'm playing a guitar through a bass amp.
    [/QUOTE]

:rollno: