1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Student 3/4 Plywood Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by TideSwing, Jun 14, 2018.

1. TideSwing

TideSwing Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2014
    NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    First off, I’m an electric player and don’t know much about the upright. I got this used as a first instrument about a year ago but haven’t had time to focus on it so it’s mostly been collecting dust in the corner of my living room. I dont know the manufacturer as there are no markings inside or outside. Condition is fair, the instrument feels solid and plays fine up to about the 3rd position but the action is very high at the end of the fingerboard. I’ve never played another upright so I’m not sure what is standard but I never ventured past B on the E string, so I never bothered with a full setup though I’m sure a professional one would get this playing great. I did install Innovation Honey Strings which are easy to play and a Gollihur Super Ball on the endpin since the original was deteriorating. There is a small crack on the upper bout about the size of a quarter and the endpin is tilting a bit - see pics. Other than that, the previous owner put a couple dots in what appears to be marker ink on the edge of the fingerboard. I’d love to be able to invest more time into learning but just too busy and don’t have the space so I’m looking to recoup what I put into it as it’s not being played. It’s definitely a playable bass and perfect for someone in my situation that always wanted to play one but Didnt want to spend a ton of money to start. Feel free to ask any questions.

Open to electric trades - fretless, amps, cabs, pedals

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. drewphishes

drewphishes Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Philly
    where in nj?

3. TideSwing

TideSwing Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2014
    NJ