1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Student Set Up – 3/4 Christopher/Kohr Labeled K61

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Hqubed, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Student Set Up – Christopher/Kohr Labeled K61

I am told this bass is produced by Christopher for the Howard Core Company. Labeled Johannes Kohr K61 a really nice starter bass for a student, or gig bass for those tough situations. Exceptional set up, the adjustable bridge allows for very low string action if so desired. Well suited for the beginner or petite person the Gamba outline allowing easy access around the bass. Details/Specifications:

- Laminated Gamba 3/4
    - Ebony Fingerboard
    - Ebony Tailpiece
    - Hand Carved Maple Neck
    - Adjustable Bridge
    - String Length = 40 ½” (exactly, nut to bridge)
    - Almost New D’Addario Helicore Strings

Included with the bass are a Glasser Premium fiberglass bow, padded bag (looks new), and a Pops rosen cake. No cracks, no open seams, a couple of bumps as can be expected but you have to look for them.

Asking [DEL]$1,150.00[/DEL] $1,050.00 (bow, bag & set up included) or best offer, I am willing to meet a buyer ½ way from the Columbus, Ohio area up to +/- 3 hours one way (+/- 250 miles).

Please feel free to PM questions, thank you for your interest.
    KohrFront_zpsa1e25f3d.
    KohrBack_zpsba1aec1c.
    KohrBowBag_zpsecd29693.
    KohrLabel_zps4243ce95.

2. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Bump Up

3. I own one of these, a 2005 model. It's a great student bass and his price is fair. And about 19.5 pounds, it is very easy to haul around. New, the MSRP is around $2,100.00. I have seen them offered new on the net for $1,600-2,200, which does not include shipping or any of the extras.

4. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thank you Bullhead for your kind words. This bass has been sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.