Students of American History - is this true?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by matthewfoote, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846, John F Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946. Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860, John F Kennedy was elected President in 1960. Both had a passion for Civil rights. Both had wives who lost their children while living in the White House. Both Presidents were shot on a Friday. Both presidents were shot in the head.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy. Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln. Both were assassinated by Southerners. Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson. Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839. Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939. Both assassins were known by their three names. Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Lincoln was shot at the theatre named 'Ford'. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln made by 'Ford'. Lincoln was shot in a theatre and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theatre. Booth and Oswald were both assassinated before their trials.

A week before Lincoln was shot he was in Monroe, Maryland. A week before Kennedy was shot he was in Marylin Monroe!.

Spooky Huh!

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You can find a pattern in anything if you select the right things. The possible significance of such pattern is another matter too. Rubbish IMO, unless you take things like Illuminati for real...

If this turns political, I might have to close this.
    LiquidMidnight likes this.
  3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Ah yes every ones favorite club. The Illuminati.
  4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    There's all kinds of interesting folklore in American history. Ever read HP Lovecraft?
  5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    They both wore boxers, and ate oatmeal for breakfast too!

7. Nice Marylin connection, :)
  8. John Wilkes Booth had a brother named Telephone, Lee Harvey Oswald once dated a girl named Cookie. :D

Mike :D

Just kidding, Mattew. ;)

9. To me the Discordian Society is by far the most interesting of the Illuminati! ;)
  10. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
  11. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    There was a bluegrass comedy team called Homer and Jethro that had a very amusing routine based on that urban myth that related the "strange coincidences" between LBJ and Batman.
    47th Street likes this.
  12. I live in fear of the Accordian Society. Damn bow ties...
    47th Street likes this.
  13. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Classic. :D

Has anyone else read or tried to read the Illuminatus trilogy? Warped. Seriously warped. Cool, but warped.

Every conspiracy ever is true. All of them. No matter how wierd.

I got it because a friend told me about the many people who all show up to assassinate Kennedy. Several of them are congratulated by co-conspirators and have to confess that someone else took the shot. The final solution is

A. The most elaborate suicide in history. Kennedy himself did it.
    B. A Tibetan holy man living under Dealey plaza, the Dealey Lama.
    C. A hitman hired by the 'John Dillinger Died For Your Sins Society'
    D. Aliens. Really.

Go ahead, pick. :)
  14. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I tried... couldn't get into it, although I did get through (and understand) the Schrodinger's Cat trilogy...
  15. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I think I remember that one. If it is the series I'm thinking of I dug it.
  16. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    There was this box game called Nuclear War that had a lot of Illuminati characters in it. I especially remember the Gnomes of Zurich. Great little game. "100 Megatons, destroys the world and everything in it". Oops.
  17. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I read it years ago. It was kind of interesting but very out there. I most vividly remember Nazi's rising out of a lake. Bizarre book.
  18. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    It was the one with a seemingly random group of events eventually menaing something (poking fun at quantum physics principles)... with bad-pun character names like Justin Case, Marvin Gardens, Markoff Chaney and Bertha Van Nation.

Ring any bells?
  19. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Not really, Matthew.

I had a college course, "Politics and History of the US South". It was taught by one of the foremost experts on the South and US history, Dr. James Roark.

This guy read the original diaries and journals of Southern plantation owners/politicians as well as studying documents/diaries/jounals from the North.
    (Among the themes on his lecture tours was one called, "“Black Slaveholders in the Appalachian South").

His exhausting research made it very clear that Lincoln was more concerned about preservation of the Union as opposed to the South's main concern - states rights. Slavery was just a ancillary issue to Lincoln, according to Dr. Roark.
    However, slavery became a good political rallying point as the war went on because it was more emotional than the legal "flavor" of states rights.
    47th Street likes this.
  20. rickbass

Thanks for the clarification.

This is why I asked it, the whole thing did seem a bit much and the sentance you clarify is one that is open to spin and the re writing of history over time with rose tinted glasses.
    Whereas the dates are harder to refute unless they are of course factually incorrect.