1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stuff Sale: G&L, Dunlop, Aguilar, Aramat, etc...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by sunbeast, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Tryin to clear out some unused stuff. Paypal only and all prices are "or best offer" and include shipping.

Pictures:
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p205/sunbeast/Parts For Sale/

Sold!1. Aramat Green Machine Bass Overdrive Pedal: bought this from Stu L last summer- it is a Tubescreamer style OD with a similar character to my ears to the Fulltone BassDrive, though it seems to have more of a lower voiced midrange than the BassDrive to my ears. I much prefer the sound of the Aramat (I owned a Bassdrive for about a week before selling it vs. 8 months or so with the Aramat). Very transparent and plenty of available boost and gain. As with most TS-style pedals, I think it sounds best pushing a tube amp... It is True-Bypass and accepts normal Boss style power adaptors or a 9- volt battery. I believe this bass version of the Green Machine is a custom order only and I've never seen another! I've been moving away from OD into fuzz recently, so I'm looking to clear out some of my drive pedals. Probably my favorite bass-specific Tubescreamer variation. Depending on the output of your pickups, it can be used as a clean boost as well.
    I'll sell it for what I payed- $125 shipped OBO

Sold!2. Aguilar OBP-3 Onboard Bass Preamp- Bought this used here a couple years back and had it in an old Carvin bass that I recently sold. Its the 3-band preamp (bass, treble, and midrange). Works great, but it may be time to replace some pots for it (you can buy them relatively cheap from Aguilar or on Ebay, etc...). Has treble/ bass stacked pot, battery clip, and a midrange pot pre-wired, so you'll need volume controls and a mini switch at the least (if you want a selectable midrange frequency). The other pots may or may not be adequate for you (I just remember that one of them seemed a little weird- I think the mid pot...) I'll sell it cheap so you can buy new pots, etc...
    $50 shipped OBO

Sold!3. G&L P-bass pickup (Split-coil MFD) - Same P pickup used in the G&L SB-2. Fits any standard P route. Probably the most aggressive P pickup ever (and one of the hottest)! Definitely my favorite! I already have an SB-2, so I don't really need this anymore. I used it in a Fender Hot-Rod P-bass for about a month, but it is in perfect condition with plenty of wire (I haven't cut any of the wires at all). Turn your P-bass into a 5 headed monster!
    How about $70 shipped OBO

Sold!4. G&L MFD Humbucker Pickup- same pickup used in the L2000, L1000, L1500, etc. This one has an issue- it came from an older L2000 and one of the adjustable polepieces was stuck. The original owner stripped the hex adjustment for the polepiece and I took it one step further (or really just stripped it out even more!). The pickup still works and sounds great. Maybe someone has an ingenious way to remove the troubled polepiece and replace it with a new one? Or you could just use it as is, if you aren't worried about cosmetics...oh yeah- it also needs a new ground wire soldered onto the copper plate on the bottom of the pickup.
    Because of the problems- cheap! $35 shipped OBO

Sold!5. Dunlop Bass Crybaby Wah: This was a cheap Ebay find that I've barely used. Works great, but doesn't have the bottom cover- would be easy enough to make one out of something. Not the best bass wah, but for this price you could just use the chassis for your own project if you wanted...
    $17 shipped OBO

Sold!6. Set of 4 In-Line Black Tuners: Got these for a bass I was customizing, but ended up prefering the chrome tuners. They come with all the hardware (screws and top inserts). Need 11/16" mounting holes.
    $35 shipped for the set OBO

I'm sure I'll have more stuff up here soon....

Karl

2. superflybass

superflybass

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    pm and dibs on the aggie

3. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I liked dealing with Karl so much over that Aramat, I'd like to give him a free bump.

OK, and I'll take #4 too :D You don't happen to have a pair do you?

4. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    pm sent!

5. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    PM sent.

6. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Wah, G&L humbucker, Aguilar, and tuners all on hold. Aramat overdrive and G&L P still available...perhaps my prices were a little too competitive...

Karl

7. superflybass

superflybass

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    payment for the pre sent ! thanks

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I wish the G&L bucker weren't sold...
    and I wish I needed the G&L MFD P...

wah!

bump fer a great guy.

9. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    G&L P available again!

Thanks,
    Karl

10. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

PM on the MFD P

11. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    G&L P on hold for CraigB

12. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    That's no shiite, mang ...

13. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Looks like everythings spoken for but the Aramat pedal- a rare chance for a hard to find and formidable Bass Overdrive pedal!

Will send out everything in the next couple of days- thanks for being so quick to buy my stuff everybody!

14. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    PM sent on Aramat.

15. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Aramat on hold!

16. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.