Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stuff you dont need PART II

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jun 9, 2004.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Well we have all had time to accumulate bass related stuff we dont need since the last thread started, so lets get another one going.

The idea is:
    Freddy has a set of bass strings he doesnt need anymore. He is willing to swap them for something (bass related) that he finds interesting. He posts in this thread and says that he doesnt need them, and is willing to swap them for something. Johnny see's Freddys post, and realises he has a bass strap laying around, and he needs a set of new strings. He PM's Freedy, they bargain a little, and walla, a nice smooth trade.

Thats it!

Ill get the bass rolling. I have a Cort E205 chromatic tuner that i dont use. theres a problem with it though, that is when i turn it on it says that everything is a B. if someone wants it, im just a PM away.
    And im on the look out for some new strings, at $70 for a set of DR's down here, im happy for anything thats coming my way. (Im in Australia by the way)

Anyone else got stuff they dont need?

2. i have a peavey digital guitar/bass tuner and some wires that you can plug into it and ur bass and amp so the only thing the tuner hears is the music. very good for crowded areas, like at a club or sumtin when you need to tune but everyones all talking and stuff. little lights shine on one side if its flat, on the other is its sharp, and theres a green one in the middle for if its right. theres also a little digital needle to see how much its out of tune.
    it hasnt been used alot and its still in new condition, but i dont know if i can trade it yet

3. c'mon, noone wants a tuner? suggest retail price values at over 10,000 bucks, but it can be yours for...a bass strap or best offer. oh, and if u buy/trade/whatever it, ill be ur best friend :D

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    In the UK -

1 packet of ernie ball super slinkies 45/100's

1 packet of stadium elites nickel 40/100's

1 packet of stadium elites steel 40/100's

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    So is this one trading or giving away?

Because I have a Yamaha 31 band EQ I've been trying to trade in the Effects forum.

6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Let's see...

Strap buttons... :eyebrow:
    DR Low Riders 45-130 (x4)
    Rotosound Swing Bass 40-90(?)

7. uh...i was kidding.thats why i added the little :D smiley. do u think i would buy a tuner for 10,000 bucks? accually it was free w/ my bass...

8. :eyebrow:

so was I.

sarcasm... people dont get it... :scowl:

9. I have an original Steinberger XP2 that I can't justify keeping anymore. I must be ill since my GAS has subsided considerably of late.... I quite fancy one of those small Gallien Kreuger combos though. I may have to carry my own gear soon and they look ideal.

I think I also have some Rotosound strings somewhere with a gauge that's too heavy for me.

10. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    i have like 20k 9vs

i'll give em away...... for candy :scowl:

11. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Ship 'em to me. I have a hole in my backyard that I through 9v and car batteries away in.

12. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

where's the candy man? huh huh?

so that's what the cat's been eating! :eek:

13. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I dare you to say his name 5 times.....

14. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Check your PM's :)

15. kinda hard to make sarcastic comments while typing...without smilies.

16. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I am too sure.

17. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    ITS THREE

I need everything I have but I'll take the steinberger.

18. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Was it? I stand corrected.

19. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I really do think it's three. meh I havn't seen the movie in ages. MYsister rented it when it first came to video. I almost shat my pants.

good times

(If the "IT'S THREE" seemed rude i'm sorry)