1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stuffing a GK MB112 combo - good idea?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4Mal, Oct 3, 2013.

1. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Inquiring minds need to know and all that..

Thanks!
    Mal

2. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    I stuffed a GK Neo 112-II and liked the results.

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
  4. If you do it, do it sparingly. I did it once to a Nemesis 210 cab. It sounded good at low volumes, but became really boomy at mid and high volumes.

The stuffing effectively makes the box "larger" by slowing the air as it reaches the walls of the cab, and back.

5. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I lined my MB210 with batting and it helped with the boomy tone and tightened it up some. I used stuff that is made to make baby crib liners. It worked perfect and was easy to cut and staple.

6. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    i like to stuff some cabs... My fave is the tightness and deadness fo the Bag Ends.. I have a pile of the stuff that bag end uses in the garage. Really tightens up the Mids.. And I like what it does to the lows. They seem bigger without that ringing low mid boom

7. It could have been my Line6 Pod XT settings at the time that caused the boominess... It stopped using that about the same time I removed the extra stuffing. :)

8. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    I lined the top, bottom, back, right side, front/baffle, and the shelf of the port (but not the far left wall, that effectively IS the port), all with a layer of high loft batting and then a layer of cheap foam mattress.

9. pgolliher

pgolliher

Apr 27, 2010
    Santa Cruz, CA
    If you haven't already done anything, I still have a bag of the crib batting. I will send it to you for cost of shipping if you want.

10. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    stove-top-stuffing.

11. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Mmm....Can't wait till Thanksgiving!