*Stumbles in from a Dropkick Murphy's show*

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    [irish man voice] Was crazy I tell ya! Lots of sh**s and giggles to tell ya'n about![/irish man voice]

So, the first band was Madcap... and they owned. Enough said.

Second band was Lost in the City of Angels... they sucked. Enough said.

Now, the Dropkick Murphy's were just plain nuts. I only know one of their songs, and they did not even play it. They were just rockin the place...

I loved the show, even though I did not know ANY of the songs they played.

The crowd was full of jerks though... There were 2 fights... My friend fell on his wrist in the pit, some dude is helping him up, then this other jerk comes up and just slams my friend down again, and he landed on his wrist AGAIN! He tries to get up, and the arse hole pushes him down again. The next time that sucker came around, I tripped him. It was funny...

Then there was this gimpy mexican dude who just stood in the middle of the pit the whole show waving his cane around... the security gaurs didn't do anything about it because he was not doing anything wrong.

The last song, he gets pulled out for some reason, and I see him cussing out the security gaurds... it was sorta funny.

Also, they let people come up on the last song, and I was one of the lucky people, and I got pushed up against the Ampeg 8x10 Classic and the SVT head, and almost knocked it over... so that kinda rattled my nerves...

Over all, kick ass show. I'd love to see them again...

But what is up with the people who get in fights? They can ruin the whole show for other people... If you cannot handle taking a few hits, don't go to the shows.

*turns on Drinkin and Drivin*
  2. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Dropkick Murphy's are RAD!

Sucks about the idiots in the pit.
    I mean back in the day (and I still thought it was like this) the unwritten law is to watch out for each other while in the pit. If someone falls pick them up.

Sounds to me this new generation has lost their pit etiquette.

I guess the fights are about egos...That crap needs to be left at the door..

I think.
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    They just need to make themselves feel important...
  4. Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    Some people are always gonna be jerks. There is still pit etiquette. I go to punk and ska shows a lot and at least 95% of the people there are cool and know that you need to help people up if they fall down, not to get mad if you get hit, and all that other good stuff and then there are always a couple of morons that want to fight~Josh
  5. DKM rocks hard. I've seen them live three times now, all at the same place. Twice with a bunch of hardcore bands, once with a couple punk bands. They're great live. Last time I saw them, they had an impressive backline - 2 SVT heads, 4 810 cabs, and 4 Marshall stacks for the guitarist. There were about seven people onstage.

There were a lot of super huge skinheads trying to slamdance and kick the crap out of everyone in the pit though. Those types always end up being 7 feet tall and 300 pounds, don't they? :rolleyes:
  6. I don't like the DKM much, but I give them respect for a good live show.

Lost City Angels used to be teh rock! I haven't seen them lately, but their new album is Not teh rock.
  7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Have you heard that song that is a total rip off of Ariels?

They just seem like a bunch of jerks... and they do not sound that good.
  8. I am not a big fan of the pits...

I am more of a person that is up against the railing screamin' along and head banging..and just takin' it all in:)

I love live shows.

oh...and yeah MM,that woulda sucked if you woulda knocked over his rig:p

9. I think they're good guys. I hung out with them and they were pretty funny. They're friendly in a New England way, ya know? They make fun of you, and the more you take, the more they love you.

I guess you West coast cats just can't take the heat. ;)

They played with RCR and Catch 22 and at SHJ reunion show and each time they rocked...though they were a little too Andrew WK-ish. Oh, and Ron(the singer) really needs to lose the tight pants and beer gut..PLEASE!

I love pits, not hardcore pits where bunch of jerks floor punch and slam dance, but a place where you can just go crazy.
  10. thats a concert;)

I love concerts...'cause you can like be yourself.

like,for example..I went to my friend's band's show...and it was great...about a 2 foot "stage" held up by milk crates and duct tape...I was up front,near the bassist(I'm his roadie bitch) just headbangin' and jumping and all that good stuff,I heard a few people laugh behind me...and I thought they were laughing at me...so I just put my hood up and continued...

I think when people laugh at others like that,they're just really jealous because they want to do the same,but are too shy.

But back to the subject...I never heard DKM

11. i'm really impressed by the new DKM material. I need to get the cd.
  12. there were totally insane guys in the pit at the motorhead show i saw. these two guys worked as a team; one held the other around the waist and picked him up, so he could kick people in the head while the first dude carried him. that ain't cool.
    a little friendly push and shove is expected, but you gotta know when to help someone out and chill yourself out.
  13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Well, they did not get a very good reaction from us so they were all pissy... oh well.