Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stunning Warwick Thumb FS

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by matt essay, Aug 5, 2003.

1. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Hello,

I am selling this absolutely Gorgeous Warwick Thumb 4 string. It has a Bubinga Pommele' body which is one of the rarest and most beautiful type of bubinga. The bass has a ovankgol/bubinga neck with a wenge fingerboard and 26 bell brass frets. It also has 2 mec jazz pickups and an 18 volt mec preamp. The knobs are volume, pan, mid, treble, and bass. The volume knob has a pull out switch which cuts out the preamp when pulled. This bass is a 2001 model and is by far the best thumb i have ever played (Which includes around 20 new thumbs and a old thumb from 1990 which had bartolini electronics). This bass is for sale for $2000 including shipping, a hardshell case, two cans of wax, and truss rod/ bridge wrenches for adjustment. This bass will be professionally set up by Luthier Michael Dolan before shipped out.

Thanks for looking.

2. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    more pics

3. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    next pic

4. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    and another

5. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    and another

6. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    I have much more detailed i can send to interested people.

7. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Bump again

8. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Bump

This bass is being set up by michael dolan to be fitted with a new set of smith strings. Any takers.

9. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Hey,

The bass has come back from being set up and sounds better than any warwick i have ever heard.

Call me at

(707) 431-9178 to hear it.

10. metalgod502

metalgod502 Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    il. U.S.A.
    i want your bass but i dont have $2000. and does the Bubinga Pommele body come standard with all thumb basses or is it a custom design?

11. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    It is standard on all the neck through Thumb basses starting in 2001.