Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stupid Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shaunathan32, Aug 20, 2004.

1. shaunathan32

shaunathan32

Jan 18, 2004
    I turn on my mesa 400+ right before a show and the light goes on and then off. I cant get it to come on and i check everything. Then i pull out the fuse in the front. Its blown. Im pissed and i have to play the show with a little hartke amp.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Always carry SEVERAL replacement fuses . . . Always . . .

They're tiny, cheap, and weigh next to nothing. You won't even notice them in your guitar case . . .

3. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    i have a 400+ for a couple of years.

this has never happened to me.

just YESTERDAY i bought 2 - 8 amp slo blo's for $3.50 or so.

reading your post makes me glad i did.

4. shaunathan32

shaunathan32

Jan 18, 2004
    whats the best type of fuse to get for this amp?

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The one that is recommended in your manual. If you don't have the manual, usually the area around the fuse cap says what value and type of fuse to use. Do NOT vary from the amp's specified fuse.

6. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    You might have a problem with one or two of your power tubes. If a power tube has gone your amp will power up in standby mode but as soon as you switch to play, the fuse will blow.

Doesn't matter how many replacement fuses you have, if a power tube is gone, you'll blow every fuse you have until you replace the bad tube(s).

Good luck