Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stupid backordered Parts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by threshar, Sep 8, 2005.

1. threshar

threshar

Jul 30, 2002
    I got a hartke VX1508 (1 15", 2 8", horn) recently, and it is quite nice. Good price, exact sound I wanted. Except one the 8's went retarded. So I brought it in for repair a couple weeks ago... and was just told today its looking like mid-october because the parts they need are so backordered.

On the upside, I get a free rental to cover me.

On the downside, they (daddy's junky music) have no good rentals. I'm stuck right now with a beaten to hell 4x10 that I don't so much like (At the time, it was actually the only cab they'd rent that could handle the power I need).

So I think I may try to make a bigger stink about this.. see if they can get me something better or more along the lines of what I had.

Highly annoying. I just needed to vent.

Playing with the 4x10 makes me miss the other one more. It was perfect. Nice hellacious low end, nice punchy highs (slaptastic!).

Grumble.

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    The good news is that you got an amp at a very good price thanks to it's coming from China. Tha bad news is that's also where your replacement driver is coming from, apparantly on the proverbial slow boat.