Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

stupid computer question (internet related)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TSanders, Jan 6, 2006.

1. I run Windows XP. I know jack about computers really, so I dont want this to be a you should get a Mac or *insert other operating system name here* thread.

All I want to know is how I can browse multiple windows, like checking 2 bass forums and checking email, without a minimized internet window popping up as a page Im not viewing finishes loading.

That make sense? Any help?

2. If you download Firefox internet browser, you can use tabbed windows in a main browser window. I just love it. You won't go back.

3. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Just keep opening up internet explorer. Everytime you click a new window will open and you can keep track on the bottom rail of the desktop

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You can hold down the "Alt" key, and then push the "Tab" key to alternate between open windows. This will alternate between any open window on your PC, not just IE. There is an awesome Power Toy from the MS website that gives you a small preview of the windows as you Alt+Tab through them.

-Mike