Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

STUPID DRIVERS

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.Phil, May 19, 2005.

1. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Saturday I went out to see some music and as I headed into the city I noticed something strange about the driver in front of me. He was driving a pickup truck and the back was loaded with Crushed stones... This is where it gets interesting... There was no hatch in the back. Instead he had a piece of rope tied across the back of his truck and pieces were flying everywhere. I guess the idiot thought that a strand a of rope would some how secure a huge mound of stones. Anyone else have stories about stupid drivers?

2. There are two different scenarios in which you realize how stupid the general public are. In a job where you serve them, or when you begin driving.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    dont get me started on stupid drivers...i live in northern virginia.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I pulled up next to this guy the other day. When I looked over he was holding up a spelling test that he had taken, it had a big red "F" marked on it.

Sheesh...stupid drivers.

brad cook

5. any quebecers want to start? or anyone go to Quebec?

6. Stones? You got off lucky. Be glad you don't live in a rural area like I do. Imagine being behind that truck on a bumpy road, but instead its full of manure (poop)... :crying:

7. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Just stones? You should live in Beijing like I do ... the construction trucks will try to stabilize a load of 20 i-beams with a single steel roap. I just don't think that the cars following these trucks ever live to tell about it.

8. Those I-beams probably weigh tons though, it would take a hell of a lot of force to bring them off. Down here you'll see trucks full of huge logs with no strapping or rear support at all, just bars on the sides of the truck to keep them from rolling out.

9. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    This thread is turning into a pissing contest...

10. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Well, let's see - here's my "stupid driver" story. Once when I was in college, we piled into the back of my buddy's '69 Cadillac, and got really drunk at the local roadhouse. On the way back, we discovered we were running out of gas, so we stopped at the nearest station. Problem was, no one had any money. All we could collect between the five of us was two dollars and twelve cents. So we went into the station, paid the guy, and pumped up. But we were all so wasted, we forgot to take the nozzle out of the tank before we left. We pulled out of the service bay, and the nozzle came with us. And none of us noticed until about a hundred yards down the road. So there's the guy from the station, running after us shouting "I don't need your business"... :D

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh yeah?! Well down here trucks carry around loads of anvils that keep falling onto a superfast conveyer belt and shooting off the back.

brad cook

12. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Amen, amigo. Getting around up here is like trying to have a picnic during the Running of the Bulls.

13. Last time I was in Northern Virginia I noticed the highways were covered with signs that read "Speed Limit Enforced By Aircraft" and I kept getting this image of an F-16 strafing the road if I went too fast..

14. Huh. Must be a west Texas thing. Around here it's truckloads of bowling balls...filled with nitroglycerine. Railroad crossings are a pain.

Mike

15. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Ha ha. most of these people drive 55 in the fast lane, so the F-16s expended a lot of fuel turning around. we have since switched out to Apaches as a hovering platform. Much sneakier also.

16. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Exactly.

17. So what? Let us have our pissing contest in peace. Nobody said you had to participate...

18. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Just an observation. Carry on. BTW, mine's bigger than yours.

19. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Well, trucks up here carry around... another truck... :eyebrow:

[​IMG]

20. ....always trying to save on gas.....

Mike