1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stupid eBay auctions

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by therealting, May 4, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Seems like a fair price for a used drum set. What is so unbelievable?

-Mike

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Mike - did you actually read the auction?

3. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    looks like a possible scam. especially when he says that they sell for $2500 UK new and he's selling them for $200 UK. plus he says that not only is he not sure of the make, but he didn't even post a picture of the actual drumset, just another set of the same color but different make.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah, I did. I guess the only thing that sounds crazy is the $2500 part.

-Mike

5. Seems pretty darn crazy to me - how are you supposed to evaluate a product on auction if there is no indication of make or model,and the picture shown isn't of the product... and not even a stock picture of a similar model, simply one with a similar colour?

:)

Approximate equivalents:

-----------------

Bass guitar which i have owned for around 3 years now hardly been used, not too sure of the make i believe it is Fender but i am not certain. This kit cost me £2500 new so grab yourself a bargain, it consists of body, neck, 4 strings, pickups, bridge and tuners. All in great condition so grab yourself a bargain, The bass body is a dark red in color and sounds amazing, also there is a hard case with the bass which cost £60 new. Thanks for looking and happy bidding.

On 04-May-06 at 22:28:34 BST, seller added the following information:

THE PICTURE BELOW IS NOT THE ACTUAL BASS I AM SELLING ITS JUST TO SHOW THE COLOUR OF THE BASS, AND YES YOU GET STRINGS, STRAP ETC WITH THE KIT.

-----------------

Car which i have owned for around 3 years now hardly been used, not too sure of the make i believe it is Ford but i am not certain. This car cost me £15,000 new so grab yourself a bargain, it consists of car, tyres, engine, stereo and interior accessories. All in great condition so grab yourself a bargain, The car body is a dark red in color and drives very well, also the car has been fitted new wheels which cost £60 each new. Thanks for looking and happy bidding.

On 04-May-06 at 22:28:34 BST, seller added the following information:

THE PICTURE BELOW IS NOT THE ACTUAL CAR I AM SELLING ITS JUST TO SHOW THE COLOUR OF THE CAR, AND YES YOU GET STEREO, KEYS ETC WITH THE CAR.

6. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
  7. Ok, just to stick up for this guy, altho it seems like a scam to me too, maybe he meant £250? because thats about bang on what those kits cost?

Oh, and its £'s not $'s over here :p

8. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I've seen people gouge for shipping, but to straight up add $1000 to the final auction price... that's a new one.