Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stupid Ebay People

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheRagingSwede, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I came across this on ebay today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=7329791824&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

As many of you should know, the bongo stealth is not the first bass that EB has made in all black. The sterling black onyx came out before this, and there may be others I don't know about. Anyways, I sent the guy a message informing him of his misinformation, and you can see the response he gave me.

I'll just add him to the list of "pricks not to do business with" :D

2. That e-bayer isn't very wise to post such a resonse for all to see.

Avoiding such a person is a good call.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    what a jerkwad...i wouldn't buy from him

4. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    What an @$$hat.

That woman kinda scares me. :eek:

5. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    The guy's post is generally offensive. It sort of looks like a written version of one of those super-loud used car commercials we all see at night. I could do without "thump in the rectum", personally.

Your instruction to him to "make sure you get your information right before putting it up in auctions" was a bit combative. However, I agree that he shouldn't have publicly posted the response. I'm not sure why he responded in the first place.

I wouldn't buy from him. Imagine how he would respond if a problem were to arise after the sale...

6. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    If it makes you feel any better, his girlfriend is aweful frightening!

7. I think the big thing to remember if thinking about buying this bass is that that woman has touched it.

8. CWK

CWK

Jun 9, 2005
    South Centeral Pa.
    I'll say.It looks like she's still stuck in the '80s.

9. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    You guys crack me up. Just this thread alone is worth the price of being a supporting member. :D

10. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I think that about a hundred of us should send him the same message that swede sent him :D

11. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    A four band e.q. and a thump in the rectum too!!!
    Wowee!!!

Slug

12. Wow, count em! TWO 9 VOLT BATTERIES! That must kick double the ass!

13. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, come on TBers, start sending the exact same message in. :)!

14. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Aug 16, 2001
    Toronto/Buffalo
    Well, what about this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7330923147&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

After I challenged his description, he removed this line from his original description:

""THIS BASS HAS NEVER SEEN A GIG AND HAS SPENT IT'S LIFE IN MY STUDIO."

Since I was the third owner of this bass, and know that at least 2 others owned it after I did, and that one owner alone gigged it at least 40 times, I emailed him. Got a very jerk-ass response.("This refers to my time with this bass and "it's life with me")

Here's a guy misrepresenting the history of his bass and yet has good eBay feedback. I think we have to watch out for these guys and call them to task when we see them.

I got burned on an Alembic "Stanley Clarke" in the fall by trusting the descriptions of 2 bass players , one of whom I had known "online" for some time & both of whom had very good eBay feedback.

I try to describe the pros & cons of a bass fully - I'd rather under-represent it than puff it up - and I know I'd want another TBer to give me a heads up if they knew something was less than above-board. The scams don't have to be over the top or from Indonesia.

15. Hey that could be somebodys mother. I think its Bon Jovi's. :p

16. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I think we should hook him up with some other buyers like the guy who posted the second question:

17. I just posted it again. ;)

18. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    I emailed quite a while ago about this item.

Dear mikemcgibney,

You asked:
    "Wow, what a rude seller you are. Can't believe you put your ignorant response on the website! Way to scare off potential buyers and lower your standing on eBay! Ha! Mike"

Great... Just what we need... another stupid whiney ebayer, crying about nothing. Hey McGiblets... why don't you do something more constructive with your time??? Obviously we don't care what you think... we're here to sell guitars & basses and make lots of money... If you're "scared off" from buying this bass because of our comments, then I ASSURE YOU, you're not the clientel we're looking for.

LOL! I got called McGiblets in school!

Classic.

Regards

Mike

19. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    What a jackass.

Can't he be sued for false advirtising, or does that not apply to online auctions?

20. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Danny; I guess my email was a little inflammatory. But I still think there's no need for the level of rudeness he's displaying!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.