Stupid ebay, what's the catch?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Jan 3, 2004.

1. I saw that yesterday, neither my friend nor I could figure it out, maybe its a movie prop? :)

I should add that I also found a hartke tube head going for $50...maybe someone raided a Hartke warehouse?
  2. HongKongPhooey

Nov 2, 2002
    The sellers depend on people doing something called "Sniping", where they wait until the last second and put in a large bid that will win the auction, and over the next 3 days, the bidding price on that cab will rise dramatically too, so generally they get their money's worth and more.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    There are three more days left in the auction. I am quite sure the price will go higher than it is now. The shipping charge for the USA 48 is $70, which is not obnoxiously overpriced. They say it looks good, and is in great working condition. Over 3000 positive feedback rating.

This isn't a rip-off, just a potential great deal.

4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Yeah, that's not gonna stay at that price. Slime, like me, are waiting till this auction hits the 3 minute count down then run up the price. Thats gonna sell for 300+...
  5. Slime like me bid in the last 10 seconds using a broadband connection.

The downside to this practice is eBay crashing, or your internet connection going dead, etc.

There are certain times of the year when good deals can be had without competition. Christmas Eve, after New Years (now), Tax time, closing on major holidays, etc. I picked up an SWR Bass 750 for cheap on Christmas a few years back, because I was the only bidder.