1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stupid general question...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kmk42019, Mar 14, 2008.

1. kmk42019

kmk42019

Aug 14, 2006
    Baltimore
    I built my own pedal board and spray painted with textured spray paint. I also bought 3M Dual-Lock to use to hold the pedals. The problem I am running into is that the adhesive on the dual lock isn't sticking and staying on the pedal board...any ideas?

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Staples?

3. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    hot glue.

4. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Textured paint usually = bad for adhesives like tape.

Usually, a flat, smooth surface works best in all circumstances. You may want to consider refinishing your board.

Perhaps it's time to break out the sander. ;)

5. I had a similar issue and staples (staple gun staples, not paper staples of course) solved the problem.

6. Spray paint is just one of those uncooperative chemicals. Serves you right for trying to pretty-up something that should be utilitarian!!! :p

PS: hot glue sucks big time. I've been there and almost instantly regretted it. Araldite is almost too good. Dunno if the US has the equivalent of Selleys Kwick Grip, but it's damn good too, but you absolutely must follow the instructions and leave it to get tacky for a long time before you mate the surfaces.