1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stupid is as UPS does

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Lost packages happen.

It is incumbent on the SHIPPER to confirm the package delivery, and initiate investigation quickly. They knew for TWO WEEKS that the records were missing before they filed the claim, so the biggest offender is the hospital (which my ex-wife worked for at one time, and this does NOT surprise me on whit), not UPS.

I'm not defending UPS, they've done more than their fair share to P!$$ me off, both as a shipper and receiver, and I'm in the middle of a mess with them as I type. That said, I was diligent and immediately filed a lost claim when the package didn't arrive where it belonged.

Now, they're makin' me pretty irritated with my claim, but part of it is my own fault (always make sure to properly insure your package! :scowl: ), however they ain't exactly beatin' a path to my happy place in addressing the issue.

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    This cannot be emphasized enough.

3. It's one thing to lose a package. It is another thing to then turn around sell that package to someone else.

That's right, if UPS can't figure out who a package belongs to because the label is missing or something, it will eventually get sold.

It seems to me that they should have records of the contents of lost packages and should be able to figure out who a lost package belongs to.

They probably just end up keeping most packages they can't deliver and only sell the ones they don't have a use for.

They should have realized that the contents of the package contained personal information and not sold it. They should be sued for this debacle.

- Dave

4. This is exactly why I'm ticked off at them: where is my package? It's BIG, an unusual shape, and no one could have just pocketed it and walked out with it - so WHERE IS IT?

I'm getting nothing but run around.

They better take me to my happy place soon, or someone else (FedEx) will be carrying a LOT of packages soon.

That said, the hospital should have been much more aware of where sensitive documents were at ALL TIMES, and they are absolutely liable as well as UPS, I think more so.

5. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit

And I laugh obscenely loud and for a loooooong time.

6. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    I love the quote: "Dead people don't usually inspect their credit reports." Doh