I got some DiMarzio custom tapers for my Fender P yesterday. I put them in with a new cap, and output jack. First mod of this type for me, so of course I screwed up. Well sort of. Everything went in fine, and works great. However the original chrome knobs don't fit on the DiMarzio split shaft pots, and I broke one of the shafts in the process of trying to squeeze it together a bit in efforts to make the knobs fit. D'oh! At least I didn't cut the new strings yet! So now I've got to get another pot, and two chrome DiMarzio knobs and take it all apart again tonight. Hopefully the store I got the pots at have DiMarzio knobs as well! The good thing though, is I can totally feel and hear a difference between the new pots and the old ones. Live and learn I suppose.