Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stupid musicians....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Brendan, Jun 21, 2001.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was at a show that featured some local friends of mine. Anyway, the show featured some guys called Whiskey Sinner. Now, the guy has a $20,000 PA (and he let everyone know it too..). He's behind the mixing board, and my I'm helping him (actually, he had me help him after I played sound/tech-man for my friends). He looks down at the "Bass" knob on a channel. He says, "better turn the bass on!"...the guy thought that bass ment the instument. My Friend catches this...he yells "Turn on my Gain!" The guy shrugs, and turns up the treble, on a channel that has no cords leading into it. He then turns EVERY knob to max because "That makes it louder!" I had to fix everything like three times because of it.
    It was astounding. The guy had $20k worth of gear, and he not only didn't know what it did, but he also (tuning up) didn't even know what the strings on a guitar (his instrument) were. He just turned them all, and said "sounds good!"...needless yo say, they haven't had many gigs...

I have no idea how that guy made it into a band...

2. Let me quote you to answer the question. :D

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I ran in to a soundguy like that. He kept saying things like "do you know who I am?!!" and trying to impress us with the cost of his equipment. He also claimed to have done sound for Henry Rollins! I really doubt it, if so it was definitely only once. He didn't know how to use his gear, and I forgot his name years ago.