Stupid musicians....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Brendan, Jun 21, 2001.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was at a show that featured some local friends of mine. Anyway, the show featured some guys called Whiskey Sinner. Now, the guy has a $20,000 PA (and he let everyone know it too..). He's behind the mixing board, and my I'm helping him (actually, he had me help him after I played sound/tech-man for my friends). He looks down at the "Bass" knob on a channel. He says, "better turn the bass on!"...the guy thought that bass ment the instument. My Friend catches this...he yells "Turn on my Gain!" The guy shrugs, and turns up the treble, on a channel that has no cords leading into it. He then turns EVERY knob to max because "That makes it louder!" I had to fix everything like three times because of it.
    It was astounding. The guy had $20k worth of gear, and he not only didn't know what it did, but he also (tuning up) didn't even know what the strings on a guitar (his instrument) were. He just turned them all, and said "sounds good!"...needless yo say, they haven't had many gigs...

I have no idea how that guy made it into a band...

2. Let me quote you to answer the question. :D
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I ran in to a soundguy like that. He kept saying things like "do you know who I am?!!" and trying to impress us with the cost of his equipment. He also claimed to have done sound for Henry Rollins! I really doubt it, if so it was definitely only once. He didn't know how to use his gear, and I forgot his name years ago.