Stupid Novelty Bands!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bass_drum, May 8, 2005.

1. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Ok, so today my band entered a battle of the bands competition at a local bar. We play, do a great job, the crowd cheers and blah blah blah. After I'm done playing, I see my friend trying to help out this little band full of 10 year olds. So I ask him if I could do anything to help, since he is a really nice guy and all, and has helped me out lots. So he tells me to help these little guys tune their guitars,(now I'm thinking ***??? they cant even tune guitars???) so I help them tune their guitars and all goes well. Then a little bit after my friend asks me if my band will do a soundcheck with him using the 10 y.o. guitars , since they can only play the 3 songs they are gonna play for this battle of the bands. So we go up there and play a little bit of rock and roll all night. All is well. Then the little 10 year olds go up and play, and the guy cant sing, the guitarists are off tempo and the bassist is waaaayyyy off.

A little while later, the little 10 year old band gets interviewed for the 6 o'clock news! They act liek theyre soo good and all.

Then after that , the judges announce who wins the battle of the band, and the f-ing 10 y.o. kids win!!!!

Now I'm not a sore loser. If I had lost to a band that had rightly won (won by skill and won fairly) I wouldnt be mad. But this band won because the band members were young!!! Is that not a load of crap?!?!?!

Btw I wrote this to vent out some anger...isnt working :mad:

2. snake

Jul 21, 2004
    Aurora. CO
    W.C. Fields once something like "I don't do acts with kids or animals."
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You should have screwed up their tuning; insuring victory.

"What's that little Timmy, oh you don't know how to play in EGFEBA; too bad"
  4. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    funny, cause as we were playing i leaned over to my guitarist and told him we should.

But even though it was rigged, is cheating really the way to go?
  5. Not cheating, strategy :bassist:
  6. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    dude, that sucks, try a fromal complaint. or get some one that is blind to judge all the bands again.
  7. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Wouldn't have worked. We got screwed good by Jackson 5 clones in Atlanta in '75. As soon as the little MJ clone when into the audience, sitting on the laps of women, we knew it was over. They sung to records...
  8. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Is it just me or are those lame battle of the band things like that lamer stuff on TV?

America's Funniest Videos or whatever. They are fixed also.

Ever notice that the videos with the babies always win? Every time?

Nothing against videos with babies, but YAWN......