Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stupid Pickup Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nochoke, Dec 31, 2000.

1. nochoke

nochoke

Dec 2, 2000
    I can't afford a new bass at the moment, but want to get my Carvin sounding as close to a jazz as possible. Also, I have the single coil hum problem in a bad bad way. So, I am thinking a set of fender vintage noiseless pickups would help with both problems. I have a deal set to get a couple at a good price but need to know if they will fit in my Carvin without any modifications.

Are the two pickups on a jazz different sizes or are they exactly the same size? My pickups are both approximately 3 and 3/4" wide by 3/4" high (don't know the depth), and the distance from center to center of the screw holes is 1 and 1/2".

Am I looking at problems here?

2. /carvin uses a bridge size jazz bass pu in both positions on their basses on a Fender the neck pickup is a little less wide and the screw nibs are a little closer together. If you are able to get the Fender noiseless with both pickups being bridge size you'll be OK.