1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stupid question - GK combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gazman_res, May 18, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

i just picked up a GK MB112 combo (loving it) for small gigs.

Turns out my guitarist blew his amp, just wanted to know if this bass amp will handle a passive bass and acoustic guitar at the same time without issue?

The amp itself does have two inputs to accomodate either an active or passive bass (no DB pad)

Cheers

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Can you do it? Probably.
    Should you do it? Heck no.
    One of the instuments will sound like crap due to the differences needed for the eq. You can try it though, why not?

3. Zitch

Zitch Supporting Member

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    i wouldnt if i were you, both inputs are not meant to be used at the same time

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    It is possible. 60's bands used to run lead, rhythm and bass through a single AC30 quite frequently (although admittedly, this was a 3 channel amp!).

As mentioned, it will probably sound dreadful because of eq requirements, so you'll need to set the amp as neutral as possible and each use an external eq or pre-amp to adjust your tone.

Personally I wouldn't bother doing this. If it's an acoustic guitar, just plug him into a DI box and put him through the PA.