1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stupid question on warmoth parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sharp Objects, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Sharp Objects

Sharp Objects

Mar 1, 2006
    Florida
    Hey party people. Does anyone know if the neck pockets on warmoth basses and guitars are the same?

Say I wanted to put a bass neck on a guitar body, both from warmoth, would it be possible? I'm looking for dimensions but haven't come across any.

Stupid Q I know, but thanks anyways.

2. the answer is no.

the guitar neck pocket is smaller in every dimension

3. Sharp Objects

Sharp Objects

Mar 1, 2006
    Florida
    Thank you good sir. Guess I'll have to go with a plank of wood and band saw.

4. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    They sell body blanks, too. You could get one routed for your pickups and neck pocket and cut out the body shape yourself. It'd cost less than a regular body.

5. Sharp Objects

Sharp Objects

Mar 1, 2006
    Florida
    This is true. I'd just have to find a Jaguar bass and trace it. Thanks again.

6. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Sometimes Jag bodies even pop up on the 'bay. Not too often, but they can be found. If you're just wanting a Jag with a Warmoth neck, you might consider that as an option.