1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stupid question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by biggs1249, Apr 21, 2009.

1. So I just got 2 Delta 10s. There is this loose rubber around the magnet of the speakers. I want to take these off before I install them, right? I would think that they would rattle around if i don't....

2. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    they would probably rattle a little.
    i wouldnt take them off necessarily.
    replace or repair for sure though.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I wouldn't go taking stuff off speakers until you're dead sure it doesn't need to be there. Could be necessary to the operation.

4. Its not attached in anyway. Its just on there. Anyone know what I'm talking about? its the same on both of them so I don't think that there is something wrong with it. I assume its something for shipping. Not so?

5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    ..............stupider answer: can you post a pic to show us what you're referring to?

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Oh, well if it's just dangling there, then I guess it's OK to take off. I have no idea how they're packed, honestly. But I'd hate to hear one of the speaker experts come on here in the morning and say how necessary it is and how your speakers are ruined ;)

7. FFTT

FFTT

Mar 15, 2009
    People shouldn't leave loose rubbers laying around :)

8. Yeah... a pic would certainly be very helpful about now....

9. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    If its for the same reason they do it on car woofers it's to protect the magnet and to keep it from interfering with other magnets close to it
    leave it on there it wont hurt anything or rattle

10. I left them on and just finished putting all the screws back in. I'll post a pic later.