1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stupid Sansamp BDDI Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Armueller2001, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    OKay I'm thinking about getting the 3-button programmable one, and when youre using one of the channels and hit the button, does it turn off the channel and bypass the preamp/eq? Or does it go by what settings are currently dialed in? Is there any "complete bypass" function on it?

2. With no channel engaged, it is bypassed. The current knob positions are not what you hear. I don't know if it is "true bypass" or not - probably not.

So you effectively have 4 tone - the natural sound of the bass, then the 3 "sansamped" tones.

3. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    It's not true bypass...but the bypass is pretty good.

4. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    +1

It's a buffered bypass, but it's really good. The reason for it is partly because of the switching system on the Programmable version - it's a relay setup that allows the buttons to do what they do (channel switching, programming, etc.). Your standard hardwired switching wouldn't easily allow for this, as far as I know.

The regular also has this sort of relay/switch setup too, if I recall correctly... although it's not programmable.

The other reason probably has to do with how quiet the switching is - there are no pops with these switch designs.

5. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I program all my presets to be at unity gain with the bypassed signal so that I can use the bypassed tone as a fourth sound. This works really well.

6. 3NotesAbar

3NotesAbar

Jul 3, 2005
    Singapore
    I have one setting which involves zero blend and some EQing. But when I tried to match it with the bypassed signal, it was almost impossible in the treble registers (at least to my ears). Good buffered bypass.

7. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    +1, or you can use the others for "boost" or "mellow" sounds so you can control your volume with your feet instead of reaching for the volume knob.

Its really a great unit.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021