OK, this is kind of weird, but I thought I'd share it with you. I had these Fender 7250's that I tried for a little while on a headless bass that I used to have. So, of course, they were too short to use on my current basses, since you clamp them at one end and cut them off (on the headless). I wondered if I could tie something to them or something so they would reach the tuners. Well, to make a long story short, I had some old D'Addario Chromes I was throwing away, so I soldered the cut ends of the Fender strings into the ball end of the Chromes, cut them to length,and stripped off the outer wrap of the Chromes. Strung 'em up and they work fine. Now I can use them for a while. I probably put a lot more labor into this than it was worth, but it was kind of fun.