1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stupid TTC.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    So, here's the deal for people who live in a small city or whatever.

Toronto has a thing called the metropass. It's a card, and you can use any subway/street car/bus by using the metropass.

So, since i"m a student, I use a student one. It's like 15 bucks cheaper. I've been using a student metropass EVERY DAY since September.

BUT TODAY i get on the bus. No big deal right?

WRONG. He asks for my student ID. Which has never happened. So I said I don't have it. Then he said I can't ride the bus. I politely asked why and he started snapping at me saying "you're not a student" "Blah blah i'm a big dumb idiot"
    A teacher was on the bus as well and was like "I'm a teacher at Humber. He's a student. I know him" but STILL NO DICE.

So the bus driver asks to see my card. I said okay and handed it to him and then he said "Now you're not getting it back. You're going to have to pay the full fare." So I went ballistic.
    I demanded it back, and he was being a full out tool refusing to give it back. I started asking WHY i couldn't ride the bus since I've been doing this all year? He then says that student metropasses don't count for college students.
    Why this isn't clearly stated anywhere, why no one has EVER stopped me, and why I've never been informed of this, I'll never know. Eventually, he cracked and let me ride the bus for free.

On the ride, I demanded he give me his name, badge number, and bus number. Because I'm calling a manager and I'm going to go nuts on Monday.

Needless to say, I have less than a week of school left, i'm poor, can't afford bus tokens, and have to goto school every day.

I'm absolutely furious right now. :mad::mad::mad:

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm too nice to make fun of you right now... that actually does suck ballsax..

but i still thought you were talking about THC on facebook LOL

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Poor Failson. Gets pwned by a bus driver. HaHa ROFLCOPTERS.

I mean. Yeah dude that sucks. You gonna be ok? LOL.

4. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    I'll be good if I don't kill someone :)

But yea. I'm over it now. I just slapped the ever loving crap outta my bass.

it's just a HUGE inconvenience right now.

5. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Here's something to make you feel better.
    2wpqh4j.

6. I always bring my student ID. At the two schools I've been to, the student IDs serve as bus passes. I think it makes up either 50 or 100 dollars of our school fees. Either way it's very cheap for transportation, plus the ladies love a man who rides the loser cruiser.

7. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Off topic, do you know Rich Tribe? He's from Thunder Bay. Piano player? He's at Humber now.

8. No I do not. I've only been living up here for a year, which is how long I've been attending Lakehead University. I'm originally from Oshawa.

9. [8 bar blues riff]
    I woke up this morning,
    and got on the bus,
    but the driver said "No way,
    are you ridin' with us..."

10. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    did you have a butter-face strapped to a chain with you as well?

11. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Usually your student card (or the pass) will state what the requirements for a student pass are. With RTC here, I have to carry my student car with me because the occasional over-zealous driver can ask me to see it.

12. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    Every day at least one TTC worker is assaulted. That's one too many.

13. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    HA! Funny... but your grammar is correct. No way that would work for a blues song.

Sorry about your ordeal.

14. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I hate to break it to you Mark, but complaining to the TTC isn't going to get you a damned thing. That's if you manage to get ahold of someone that is. The Toronto Transit Commissions complaint/customer service line is essentially an automated messaging system that no one ever checks. That's also when it's working. I called in to report a streetcar driver who took off and left an elderly woman who had slipped on some ice while running for the car. She fell, she started screaming for help, and he just left her there. Didn't call his supervisor, which he's supposed to do, didn't get off to see if she was alright. He left her lying on the icy street on a cold, January night. When I called to report him, there was litterally no one there to listen. Quite simply, the TTC doesn't care about you. It only cares that it gets your money.
    Ultimately, I suggest that you either start picking up the full-price Metropasses, or start riding a bike. I got so fed up with the piss-poor service, I went out and bought a car. For as broke by the end of the month as that expense leaves me, I'm never looking back. The TTC is broken, and it's not going to be fixed.

15. That blows :(

Look on the bright side, at least you guys got the offer of student fares. When I was travelling to uni it was always full price (thats a £5 return, or £23 for a 10 journey ticket). Rip off merchants :(

16. Damn. Fail. :scowl:

But you know, if you want uh, something to be done about this character, you know uh, I know some people who take care of these kinds of things...:ninja: ;)

17. "Odd news today as a local Toronto bus driver was attacked by a mob that appeared to be wielding bass guitars and great wit, more on this story at 11"

18. You poor thing, maybe NJL can lend you his snuggie.

19. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Well if great wit was involved you can be rest assured that Wilson had nothing to with this.

20. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Initially, the thread title made me expect something like this.