1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stylish parts bass - Bound & Blocked Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hambone, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Here's something I put together looking to use up some of the floating parts I've had laying around for years. It began with the neck that's a NOS bound and blocked SX Jazz piece. 1½" at the nut. It's slightly flawed in that the finish has yellowed slightly at the blocked frets. It's noticeable in some lighting but not much in most. I installed threaded inserts in it and I was left waiting for something cool to put it on. Along came a fellow TB'er with one of those S-101 basses - black basswood Jazz with ivory binding - and I found my cool body. The Kahler bridge is a piece that doesn't fit on just any body and it barely did here. I filled and painted the old bridge holes before I installed the Kahler. The new, small gear tuners really fit the look. Bartolini pickups brought the system to life and now it's a decent bass with a look you just don't see.

Asking $200 plus shipping - ConUS only- all others contact me.

Attached Files:

2. The Headstock

Attached Files:

3. bump

4. All PM's replied to...

Some additional information - The pickups are Bartolini 9C BJD-S3's. I got them from a TB'er sometime back. I've also lined the control cavity w/ copper foil, and installed one of the "Big Red" capacitors like early Fender's used. The bass is quiet but has lots of guts. BTW, this bass is passive.

5. bump

6. Bump with a price drop. How about 180 shipped?

7. Ship to Canada?