Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pdusen, Aug 18, 2004.

1. pdusen

Aug 18, 2004
    I was looking at some of the options for warmoth basses (not that I can afford to buy one, heh.) I noticed that the Hollow J style body can come with F-holes. Personally, I think this is a bit cool. But I play mostly progressive or smart rock (with some metal mixed in), and I'd like to know: How well do you think a hollow bass with an f-hole would be recieved by other players and by listeners?
  2. well i think in a progressive crowd you don't have to worry too much. In my experience with progressive fans they seem to accep prety much whatever you're playing being that progressive doesn't (can't) have standards of sounds or presence.

If i were you i'd go for it just to be a little different. I bet it would exceptionally cool if you decided to do a little intimate acoustic type set.
  3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Just me, but I don't give a dang if the audience likes how my axe looks. If it sounds good, I'd hope they don't care. At any rate, I'm not gonna start buying basses based on what audience perception of their looks are...
    I think hollowbodies are cool;)