Sub N Up Mini Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JDLowEnd, Nov 29, 2019.

1. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Norwich, CT
    I’m in the hunt for an octave pedal. I’m leaning hard towards the mxr vintage octave for tracking and size.

I was wondering if anybody knew if the sub n up mini has a TonePrint turning the octave up into a second octave down (oc-2/mxr vintage). I’m seeing some come up for cheap and I head they track well.

I’ve never liked an octave up, personally I think it sounds like a weird steel drum, so I have no use for that feature.

2. I'm sure there is one, but if not, you can make your own toneprint for that. In the editor you can decide exactly what parameters the knobs change, up to three per knob

braingrinder and bassbrad like this.
  3. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Don’t expect it to track as tightly as an analog octave, there’s latency in there which made it unusable for me.

4. Yes there are all sorts of tone prints and some do replace the upper octave with a lower octave. Personally I find the tracking to be fine and don't notice and latency.

5. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly

Feb 12, 2004
    Of all the sub octave pedals I have used I have found the Sub'n'Up to have the best tracking and tone and least latency.

6. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Norwich, CT
    Thanks for that feedback, it looks like there are varying results with this pedal. I am looking for great tracking