1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sub n Up Question/ Help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Seanbassplayer, Jan 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Seanbassplayer

Seanbassplayer

Oct 14, 2016
    C36FF10E-6F64-413E-B248-07992F5BDB2B. Hey all haven’t posted in a while and was wondering if any users out there have used the TonePrint editor to apply a lpf to work like the Pog 2 slider maybe even assign one of the knobs like the attack slider as well. I have been trying to get a less digital/ synthy sound for my faux guitar sound for when I help fill the space during guitar solos etc. Also while we’re on topic if someone is doing the same thing what dirt pedal are you using as I’ve tried a few and fuzz seems to work best but is sometimes too much if we’re doing a classic rock type song. Thanks and appreciate any info regarding this type setup.. I play a squier Troy Sanders jaguar bass signal goes into ehx switchblade bass signal into B7k into Mooer volume into Traynor Sb115 and faux guitar is sub n up into pitchfork into ge7 into ehx green Russian reissue into smartgate into Mooer Fried Mein Preamp into Mooer volume into Traynor Ygl1 effects return. Mooer expression pedal connected to pitchfork set to 5th up for power chords.Tuner connected to Tuner out on switchblade. Cheers

Edit: As you can see I have attempted the lpf by setting sub knob to up output frequency and sub 2 knob to level gain roll off point of that frequency selected. Not sure if it's the right way but sounds better than straight up octave up on poly mode but lower notes sound almost flangerish/ wah ish (yes I unclicked modulation tab and not loaded into pedal) and higher notes sound very digital synthy. Playing any note on the e and a and some d strings from 3rd fret to 10th fret sound perfect. Wasn't sure if that would help understand how it sounds. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Hoyt likes this.
  2. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    I haven’t dug into the editor at all, but my best ‘guitar sound’ comes from playing above the 12th fret of my 6er, with the up octave at about noon and the dry at about 1:00.

I use a Marshall Guv’Nor overdrive.

Hoyt and Seanbassplayer like this.
  3. Please excuse my crappy timing as this was my first time looping with my new Ditto, but this was just the Sub n Up high octave on “poly” with a Swollen Pickle and a Dunlop 105Q & Boss DD-5 Delay...

tfer likes this.
  4. It seems counterintuitive, but I think the flats (D’Addario Chromes) track better and sound fuller for octave pedals because they have a stronger fundamental.

Also, for a fuzz that’s not overbearing I’d try out the Way Huge Green Rhino. The Swollen Pickle can be a little tough to tame.

5. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I have the "smooth bass" or something like that installed as my toneprint. It makes it sound more fat than it does a poly octave synth. I use it to thicken up some sections of the band's songs.

I pair it with a Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh when I use fuzz. Sounds huge!!!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    CunniMingus and Hoyt like this.