1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sub needed NY/NJ (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by Joe Nerve, Jun 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Thanks Talkbass. More than enough capable people have responded to this thread, so I'm putting it on hold until further notice and won't be responding to any more requests. I got a much better response than expected.

I'd like to add that I was very clear in my ad what was required if responding. For future reference to some, if you're really interested in a gig that says it calls for 110% reliability, people aren't going to consider you reliable if you can't follow the simplest of instructions right out of the gate.

Apologies to anyone I didn't respond to, even though apologies aren't warranted :/. Just tryin to help ya out here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm playing in a wedding/party/club band that's booked 8 to 14 times a month. We have 1 sub already, but are looking for another.

You would need to be a complete pro, have clothes suitable for weddings (tux not necessary), and would be responsible for roughly 125 tunes - nothing out of the ordinary for this type of gig, except for a few medleys. All song recordings would be provided (though there are no charts), and they'd need to be performed as edited and without rehearsal. IEMs required for most shows, but the band will provide them - with fresh clean buds.

You must of course be 110% reliable, have transportation, yada, yada. If you think you fit the bill, PM me with some clips and info on yourself. The band, for obvious reasons, won't consider anyone they can't check out online.

It may take a few days for me to get back to you - but I'll respond to everyone who responds to me with the requested information above :). Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  2. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Will the band leader allow charts/iPad on the gig ?
    Here are a few links.
    Thank you..