Subdecay Vector, a first

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jbybj, Aug 24, 2020.

1. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    This is the first time I’ve had a TB search come up with zero hits. The Vector has apparently been around for at least a few years, but I don’t remember ever hearing about it until I saw one today on Reverb.
    I’m a fan of the company. The Prometheus V1 is an amazing filter, and the Noisebox is in the top of its class. So when I saw the Vector at a great price, in spite of the lack of bass related information, I followed an impulse. While I’m waiting on the USPS, I thought I’d ask, any first hand experience or feedback you can offer??
    A37693AC-76C4-49EB-B299-5E3E7FDDF83A.jpeg

LSMFT6, stambroker and BunchyMutt like this.
  2. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    woah. Interesting. I don't know anything about it but please keep the thread updated if no one responds

3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    The guitar demo sounds very nice, I expect to find great dirt. The first question is, will it stand alone or require blending?

BunchyMutt and Reedt2000 like this.
  4. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    I'm unfamiliar, but I agree the guitar demos sound promising. Some cool harmonics in some of those settings. I'm in to see what you think when you get it.

Sub'd :thumbsup:

5. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Didn't know about this one either. My Prometheus is a long-time favorite. Interested to hear your review.

Reedt2000 likes this.
  6. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    I remember hearing about the pedal at its debut but forgot about it until now, strange to think that was a few years ago.

Definitely report back

7. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Initial impressions are positive. I can see why this hasn’t gotten much attention from bass people, it is a guitar centric device. Overall the character and variety of the tones is very sweet. Of the 11 voicings, 6 would benefit from blending, you might call it a necessity. I will be auditioning my Mosquite and Bloop, and expect a few standouts. 4 voices have a decent low end component, and probably only need a little beefer downstream. Fortunately, there is one voice, that alone, is worth the price of admission. (for me that was about $100)
    Meltdown, A wonderful, angry, organic, somewhat unique and remarkably contained cacophony. I will be spending some time with Meltdown, getting to know it better.

I’m not suggesting this should be on Ever dirt lovers board, but should you happen upon one, at a good price, you may find it a real sleeper.
    Well built, well designed and executed (cool sounding dirty tones), but requires a blend to take full advantage.

No user adjustable dips or trims inside.
    5D0F34A6-5E74-49A3-9060-419E35B0BAEC.jpeg

LED is not too bright.

7EEA134E-F103-4482-8032-3B926931C39B.jpeg

gh0st42, DannDubblewe and BunchyMutt like this.
  8. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    That looks like a pretty fun pedal. I'm melting rocks with the Wampler Fuzztration I picked up a couple weeks ago. That said, I am never afraid to try a guitar pedal. You know in a few seconds if it works for bass or not. I don't think I have anything on my pedal board that says "bass"(JHS, Broughton, Keeley, Walrus, Wampler, Source) currently. If it sounds good rock it.

9. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Nobody asked, but that has never stopped me before. This is a little demo with each voice, starting wet and getting blended mid phrase. My favorites are the Meltdown, Vintage, 1990's, and the Fuzz 2, when blended.

BunchyMutt, Berme and Redshift Crilly like this.
  10. Berme

Berme

May 11, 2001
    Spain
    Awesome

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021