Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sublime Tribute Album

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Timbo, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Hey Mike,
    Being an avid fan of Sublime, I have read about "Look At all the Love We've Found" the Sublime tribute album. Per chance maybe you could pass on any information on it?

Thanks,

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

timbo,

trippy, I'm mixing the song that me, perk and petra did for just that record, a sublime tune called "work that we do" - ain't that a coincidence? anyway, here's a little something on it:

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2004/12/2008.cfm

on bass, watt

3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I appreciate the response.

I also absolutely love that song. I can't wait to hear what you guys did with it.

4. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Thanks Mike you and Eric Wilson are the reason why I picked up the bass. I can't wait till that CD comes out. Are you still using the Aguilar DB680? I love Aguilar stuff

5. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

joey,

the aguilar is good but I got my eden wp-100 navigator preamp fixed and am wailing through that again.

on bass, watt

6. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Thanks for the info. Your tone was always groov-e. From the Minutemen to Firehose to Iggy you are #1 in my book and it is an honor to be able to communicate with you. Gibson just came out with an SG bass again and I am all over it!!

7. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  8. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Hey Mike, cool beans on the sublime tribute. Eric Johnson is a pretty under-rated bassist, and I've always dug sublime.

Heh, I just remembered, I played boilerman on my show the other week, and someone called in, wondering what it was, felt good to turn someone onto some good music. Guy said he could tell the singer was the bass player, you think that's true or a lucky guess?

9. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Ah. They changed the sample Songs, Work That We Do, the one Mr. Watt recorded is up.. I like it.. A lot.. :D

10. Ironically I'm listening to Sublime right now. I'll give the sample clip a listen. Cool project to be a part of Mike!

EDIT: Sounds great guys! Mike, your bass sounds pretty damn sweet.

11. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Entire songs. :)