Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by poolshark, Jun 15, 2001.

1. poolshark

Jun 15, 2001
    sublime is one of my favorite bands of all time. i think they fused some many diffenernt styles of music together like no other band has every done before. their bassits, eric wilson, wasp retty damn good himself. what are you guys opinions, on the short-lived band?

RIP Bradley
  2. Not a fan. My girlfriend is a fan, so I ended up hearing them a lot at her place. There was just something about them I didn't like.
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Sublime are great!
    great feeling, great groove... i love all the first stuff they released...
  4. they weren't that short lived, i'm pretty sure they were playing as far back as '86, if not earlier... that's one of my favorite things about the band, they were so improvisationally tight because they had played together for so long.

brad nowell was simply one of my favorite singer/songwriters. he had so much soul in his voice, some of those songs were just heartbreaking. i have 40 oz to freedom on vinyl, and boy does it bring back memories.
  5. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    I liked sublime a great deal, they made a lot of really groovin' and touching songs. I hear what you're saying Dancehall, 40oz's of freedom was pretty much the soundtrack to my entire summer when I was 21. I can't hear it without being brought right back to that time. :)

Brad was certainly a tortured soul, his lyrics spoke that loud and clear, I really did feel for him. It's a shame it all had to end the way it did.
  6. Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Sublime rocks! I like their songs. And they're very musically inclined (of course) so thus they rock more. :D
  7. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Well they can't rock anymore. It's always sad when a great band loses a key member. :(
  8. I dont know of many people who dont like sublime. They were an all around good band, good people with good vibes who were also good musicians that had a really good chemistry.
  9. liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Sublime one of my favorite bands of all time. Musically great, lyrically great, great songs, and great feeling behind them. Hopefully 20 years from now we'll be looking back and still listening to them.
    R.I.P Brad

Thank god we have the music to listen to forever.