Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ryan K, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Ryan K

Ryan K

Dec 11, 2002
    New Jersey
    Anybody on here frequently listen to sublime? Cus i really like them a lot. I remember the first time my friend told me to download April 26, 1992 and i was just amazed. Fortunately, they had many much better songs which keeps me listening to their CD's repeatedly. I was just wondering if there were any other Sublime fans on the board.

RIP Bradley Nowell

PS - I know there is someone on here from Garden Grove. Do you, by some strange chance like them?
  2. Ryan K

Ryan K

Dec 11, 2002
    New Jersey
    i just read those "Off-Topic posting guidlines" and i really dont think ill get too many responses here now...
  3. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I love sublime, they are one of my all time favorite bands. My bass style is a mixture of Sublime's bassist, John Paul Jones, and rage against the machine bassist, and victor wooten. Im not saying i am as good as any of these people but a lot of my bassline writing techniques come from learning those songs.
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    this goes in recordings dude

i have all their albums but I haven't hear them in some time... :(

but they are still very enjoyable, no doubt about it
  5. Wrong forum or not, Sublime is great band. I love 40oz.

Also, I thought the bassists name was Eric something. That is what is says on 40oz. liner notes anyway.
  6. jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13
    eric wilson is a pretty dope bassist. my fav song has to be 'badfish'. i found out about em after brad passed on, though.
  7. We took this trip to Garden Grove...
  8. odie

odie Supporting Member

Check out: Long Beach Dub All-Stars or LBDA. Has remaining members of SUblime.
  9. mucho me gusta sublime. 40 oz. to freedom is a great album, and self-titled is amazing, of course. there's nothing like driving around (possibly stoned;) ) in a car with people you don't know trying to sing every word to "same in the end"
  10. robbin' the hood is a criminally ignored album.
  11. i agree, robin the hood really deserves more credit than it gets.

have you heard the LBDAS version of doing time?

OH MY GOD!

it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cooooool!

100 times better than the sublime version IMO

anyway, ye sublime and LBDAS get some good play time in my daily listening schedule

12. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

(the bass is actually louder than anything else, well recorded too... needed less "Raleigh Soliloquy" though)
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sublime made some of the best "Cruisin in the desert in a convertable" vibe music I've head. I love to drive anywhere listening to sublime.