Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sublime's bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by DeepDeath, Dec 13, 2001.

1. im a mildish sublime fan i think they some good music with a fresh kind of sound in california. and i would say that there bassist can freakin groove the song date rape and wrong way and some of the best popular music basslines ive heard.

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i like em... so does DHC and other ppl here... buy all their albums... you wont regret it

3. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I would like to make a band sort of like them...I kind of like the entire latin-reggae style....just need a jamaican lead singer....

4. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Eric is a great bassist, and Sublime is a great band. Very groovy:)

5. Yeah, I definitely(my word my spelling is horrid) like my share of sublime. something about the mixture of reggae, ska, punk, hip-hop, dub and acoustic (dare I say folk? Nah.... easy listen' ya..)

40 ounces to freedom is IMO their best work.

6. I agree. I really dig the song "get out" which isn't on the version of 40 oz. that we all know and love.

7. Toony

Toony

Jun 15, 2001
    Texas
    i don't really know much about the bassist, but i like what i've heard and sublime's very cool indeed. very relaxing and mellow style.

8. Yes indeed. My band has always covered Sublime songs and I love e'm, especially the song "Date Rape". Theres nothing no one could hate about Sublime so there good party songs.

9. He can cold jerk the strings with a vengence! I was at a concert last year where in the middle of a song he dumped a bucket of peeled apples on the stage and started smashin' them with his bass! What a show! He's like a mix between that Korn guy and Jason Culcree! I thout I was the only fan!

Edit: Dumb signature removed.
    ~Angus

10. you should be banned without trial.

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ***? eric? korn guy?

arghh my head hurts!

PS: well done angus

12. There bassist is a master of taking simple chords and making them sound great. He has never played anything very complicated (that I have heard) I have seen them live a few times and the guy always misses notes, looses time and just does some completey stupid sh*t. Yet he's one of my favorite bassist.

13. yup...gotta love eric. Im currently listening to 40 oz to freedom now. Im figurin out ebin too...i love that beginnin part.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Who cares about complicated...god damn he can make some damn grooving bass lines.....Doin' Time is dA bEsT!!!!!!!!

15. Uh yeah, That was my point:rolleyes: ;)

16. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    yeah, he was awesome

17. Coombesee

Coombesee Guest

Hey, do any of you guys know what kind of bass Eric Wilson uses?

18. fender jazz style...thats alli know

19. Coombesee

Coombesee Guest

20. Didn't he use Warwick at one time or another?