Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Submitting Tabs;

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Ziggy, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy

May 9, 2001
    Orange County, CA
    I have several tabbed tunes to submit to "TalkBass", but am unable to find an area for doing so... other than the 'submit articles', of which doesn't seem like the correct link??

michael s.
    btw: some of these tabs have been submitted to other sites, a couple of them still haven't posted an update to the site... are they waiting until there are so many new tabs that'll it take a week or so to get them all in???

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Talkbass has not got any tabs per se, Talkbass is a mirror for http://www.basstabarchive.com/

Go to that page and there you can submit your tabs.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy

May 9, 2001
    Orange County, CA
    Ivar,

Thanks for the response... basstabarchive is one of the few sites I've submitted tabs. But, according to their 'recent tabs' index, there hasn't been an update since before Christmas of last year.

Perhaps, talkbass, should consider linking to one or more of the other tab sites???

michael s.

4. jani_bjorklund

jani_bjorklund

May 22, 2002
    Finland
    Bass Tab archive seems to be dead. I submitt my bastabs to OLGA. They update their archive like every day.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy

May 9, 2001
    Orange County, CA
    Donne,

You weren't kidding... the site I linked to was short on the number of tunes listed. (I did find one of my tabs - "Amerika" from Jaco Pastorius, but was not credited with the submission?)

At any rate, I submitted several tabs for the site, and can only hope they loaded up all right... the site was German.
    The 'loading appeared' to be successful. The message that always came after loading; "nur buchstaben eingeben"???.. yes, no, maybe so??

michael s.

6. ah, yes.
    good man, helping those less fortunate.