1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Suboctave of Newer version Infanem Second Voice vs. OC-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sunbeast, Mar 25, 2013.

1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've been very intrigued with the Second Voice since first hearing about it, but have been turned off by reports of the noise issues on older models. According to some reports the newer versions have cleaned up the noise alot, as well as added several very useful looking new features.

Anyways- I am wondering how serviceable it would be tracking-wise as a suboctave? Is it always a bit glitchy or can it be dialed in to handle tracking similar to something like an OC-2 or Copilot Cubic? I am also interested in the Octave up for a couple parts in my band, so open to reviews of that as well! Also- my understanding is that the newer version has a dedicated Octave down, so if I wanted to use an Octave up for a song and switch to Octave down for another I would just have to fiddle with the Octave/Harmony volume controls right?

Thanks for the help!

2. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    I'm interested as well.

3. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I know somebody has both!

4. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I have a couple OC-2s and have owned most octave pedals on the market.

The new SV and SV Dlx are way less noisy than the old ones and the dedicated sub octave is great.

Tonally it's most like the Cubic. The filter on the Dlx can take it lots of different places whereas the regular one will always be fairly aggressive. Neither totally cops the OC-2 sound but then again nothing else does either. More like OC-2 on steroids. Tracking is as good as any other analog octaver.

5. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks- Sounds good! Guess I'll have to give one a hands-on try next time a used one comes around. I wish the regular version had the seperate footswitches of the Deluxe though. I love the OC-2, but am surprised the Cubic doesn't get more love- the combo of dirt and fat analog octave in one pedal is so perfect!