1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Subwoofer-brand new mint! Fostex PM0.5 sub MKII - $140 (NYC or astoria)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by quadrogong, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Powered Subwoofer-brand new mint!
    Fostex PM0.5 sub MKII - $140 (NYC or astoria is best, rather not ship this puppy..unless u want to pay for shipping costs)

I bought this subwoofer for my home studio,it's way too much for my needs, Kevlar speaker cone,mint!
    except for one tiny,tiny scratch,this is completely spotless,mint,and barely used,recently purchased.

The power and richness,hugeness of low end is unreal considering it's cost,and size..
    this sounds like a beautiful 18" bass cabinet,only cleaner,obviously not as loud,but I never cranked her,
    I've kept it super low,on it's lowest setting.
    my monitors are bassy enough already,to the point where I'm afraid of blowing out my neighbors.
    Turns out I didn't really need this much juice,

this thing is really DEEP, It has those sub-lows,the really rich,deep hip hop low end.
    It's powered,
    in perfect,mint shape,used only once or twice,Practically never touched.

Purchased brand new from Musician's friend very recently.8" speaker sounds incredibly huge,
    must be heard to appreciate it.available for demo in Astoria,very close to NYC.
    LOW FREQUENCY RESPONSE 25hz

willing to trade for acoustic-electric guitar only.

SPECS:

Powerful low-end support for your Fostex PM MKII monitors.
    Fostex employs the latest cone material technology to obtain extremely pure music reproduction with the PM 0.5-Sub MKII powered subwoofer. Integrated amplification provides 110W to the 8" driver. The speaker cone is made of Kevlar fibers for high rigidity and optimum damping, as well as incredible durability. The compact cabinet is specially designed to eliminate unwanted resonance. Great for 2.1 or 5.1 setups in your studio.

Fostex PM0.5-Sub MKII Active 8 Studio Monitor Subwoofer Features:

110W power
    8" driver
    Kevlar fiber speaker cone
    Compact cabinet
    Frequency response: 25Hz-85Hz
    Locking XLR/TRS combo jack input

demo available,come to my home studio,listen to her,you'll be impressed.

2. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    this is a really great subwoofer, bought for my home studio,to bolster the low end of my monitors, low end is amazingly huge for such a small unit,
    looks modern,clean..like furniture..

3. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    bump

4. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    bump

5. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    How come nobody grab this yet...

6. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    will trade for bass or acoustic-electric guitar,

these are small 8" Kevlar speakers in these things, like a small, black,shiny cube.
    ...looks like furniture, very modern looking,
    Great for studios or playing at home,
    Huge,huge, rich bass, very "sub" lows..

Unreal the size of this thing, when u hear it you'll wonder why they can't make an 8" bass combo sound this good.
    I can send a link,specs from Musician's Friend.

7. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    I also have new/ mint:
    AKG condensor mic a shockmount,road case
    Boss BR-1200cd 12 tk digital studio
    Ul410 bass cab(soon to be sold)
    Behringer multi fx- rack type
    Mic stand,cables
    sadowsky ultralite case

8. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    this thing sounds really good, seep,low-sub lows,rich and strong,and it's a tiny mini-cube..very attractive looking,

too much juice for my apt studio,i kept the attentuator almost all the way off,and then just disconnected it,

I LOVE the lows,but my wife is always afraid that I'll annoy the neighbors..so I never really get to crank it up at home..
    this is spotless and pretty much never used,I had her on for a minute or two,maybe 2-3 times.she's mint I think..or let's say brand new condition.

very small,nice for a living room,attractive.
    the Ad from Musician's Friend to see the specs,etc...

Fostex PM0.5-Sub MKII Active 8 Studio Monitor Subwoofer Features:

Powerful low-end support for your Fostex PM MKII monitors.
    Fostex employs the latest cone material technology to obtain extremely pure music reproduction with the PM 0.5-Sub MKII powered subwoofer. Integrated amplification provides 110W to the 8" driver. The speaker cone is made of Kevlar fibers for high rigidity and optimum damping, as well as incredible durability. The compact cabinet is specially designed to eliminate unwanted resonance. Great for 2.1 or 5.1 setups in your studio.

110W power
    8" driver
    Kevlar fiber speaker cone
    Compact cabinet
    Frequency response: 25Hz-85Hz
    Locking XLR/TRS combo jack input
    Get more low-end in your mixes with the PM0.5 sub. Order now!

Attached Files:

9. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    pics:

Attached Files:

10. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    bump

11. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I used to bother my neighbors there on 46th st in Astoria all the time! "Go back to the country" this one guy would tell me. Those were the days...

12. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    yeah, met alot of good players online who wound up were my neighbors in Astoria,i bought my schroeder 1212 out here from a TBer,
    A few really good players out here,
    Let's not forget my friend, bassalisk..

13. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    bump

14. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    ...trade for acoustic-electric guitar?