Such a deal! (new bikes)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Pacman, May 29, 2004.

1. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    My wife has been jonesing for a road bike (pedal powered type), so I took her out today to look. Now, we're in the Air Force, so we're not made of money. The third bike shop we went to gave us a tip on the only place in town that sells used bikes. So I say "let's check them out". We find a Trek road bike that's got off road tires on it (the sport is called "road cross"). Get this - $1100 bike for $450!!! She rides, she likes. Then I noticed a Cannondale - totaly geeked out: fenders, a rack, a little ding-ee bell....but for $250.00!!!!! Once he took off all the scrap metal, I've got a great Connondale (might be 6-7 years old) and a Trek for the Mrs for 7 bills. Totally stoked.

Add that to the free speaker cabs I got (I love Talkbass!) and I've had a banner weekend!
  2. Good deal man! I love cycling and i think that more people should be into it, its hella fun and a great form of exercise and a great economical form of transportation.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Way to go dude!

Has anyone ever told you that you look like the dude from Midnight Oil? That is, if that's you in your avatar.

4. Oh, Congrat, man, a Cannondale for 250.......I am speakless :eek:

But anyway, how does it ride?