Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sucked out mids from my Aggie rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jermng, Apr 21, 2005.

1. jermng

jermng

May 6, 2002
    Singapore
    I'm running an Aguilar DB659 into a Chevin Power amp into a GS112. It sounds amazing when I used it in a big band setting but in other gigs like jazz/pop combos, it seems the mids are being sucked out totally. Most of the time even maxing out the MID knob doesn't give me the sound I want. Anyone has any suggestions or running a similar config and care to share your views? I'm so tempted to add a 2x10 now to give it that extra strength in the mid-range. I'm not saying I don't like the sound now, in fact, I love it's strong bottom that fills the room, just that I sometimes need the mids to be heard.

Jerm

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I suspect that this is an issue with the GS112. I own a 659, and I find it to be rather midrange present. Can you take any other cabs for a test drive?

3. jermng

jermng

May 6, 2002
    Singapore
    Don't really have access to other cabs. Only other bass cab I've got acces to is a Peavey 115 combo ... which doesn't even come close to sounding as good as the 112 minus the mids.
    Local shops in my areas don't carry very many bass cabs and are not as friendly in allowing pple to try their stuff if I ain't buying. I'm quite fixed on the Aggie S210 if I add a cab and that's not even available in Singapore - gotta ship it in myself. =)