Sudden Decrease in Output?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TDSLaBassiste, Oct 19, 2011.

1. TDSLaBassiste

TDSLaBassiste Bass drops and breakdowns since 2009

Jul 8, 2011
    Southwest Florida
    A few days ago, I switched my strings and pickups. The strings I put on were pretty dead. Could a string change lower output if the strings are really dead?

I'm more inclined to believe it was the pickups though. I replaced Seymour Duncans with EMG's. I thought EMG's typically had a higher output though? Any ideas?

2. TDSLaBassiste

TDSLaBassiste Bass drops and breakdowns since 2009

Jul 8, 2011
    Southwest Florida
    Bump for some help?

3. When you replaced the strings and the sound went in the toilet - that would be a big clue to me.

If you had only changed the p'ups and then the sound took a long drop - then THAT'S when I'd say it was the p'ups instead.

Changing too many things at once will always confuse one. Put the old-better strings on and see how it works again.

It's not impossible for a single string in a generally dull used batch to die completely and muddy the whole thing up too.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021