Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sudden GAS Attack + Unexpected Freelance Job = This :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Manitou, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Since my band went to an all acoustic thing (no drummer = acoustic trio), I've been missing my 5 string bass, so when I saw this, I had to have it.

Carvin's building it for me and I can't wait to try it out. I let my wife pick the color :)

Can't wait to try this baby out.

2. Nice! Let us know how you like it! Have you received an estimated ship date yet?

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That blue quilt is stunning to me.

IME, it will look just as good as the catalog picture, if not even better.

Hope the tone is righteous, (I've never played one of their acoustic-electrics).

4. That looks sweet. What's the scale length?

5. Carvin says about 5 weeks for custom stuff.

34" Scale, neck-through, 24 fret
    Ebony fingerboard
    Less than 7 pounds

I also got mother-of-pearl block inlays

Got some good reviews on Harmony-Central, and for some reason, it just looks so fine to me.

I love my Olympia, but if this sucker sounds as good as it looks, the Oly will be warming the bench :)

I wasn't too crazy about Blue, but I have to admit it is a pretty color in the picture, and, hopefully rickbass is right. Can't wait to find out.

/edit Oh! All the options, including case, are 50% off right now -- not a bad deal at all, and the customization options are pretty in-depth.

6. That's better than 8+ weeks like it used to be!

Their finishes are very nice IMO, so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Plus, your wife will take great pride in that bass too!

Yep, they've had that going on for some time now. A good deal IMO, even if one doesn't like Carvin's electronics.