Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suffering from some SERIOUS GAS!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BoiNtC, Apr 1, 2003.

1. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    grrr I'm GASing for the Jaco tribute Fender, although I don't have all I was planning to save up for it I'm close and my bank account can afford a dip... if anyone has anything bad to say about it.. speak now or forever hold your peace! (Oh yah if I do get it I'll be dropping a J-Retro Deluxe into it)
    If you have something good to say.. mm.. please help me fuel my GAS :D :bassist:

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    62 reissue, leave it outside a few days, kick it around some, and you are gold!

3. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    lol not buying the relic one.. buying a new one.. I want a fretless ;)

4. MatW

MatW

May 10, 2000
    UK, Swindon
    Good for you! I'm looking into one of these too, and I've heard nothing but good things.

I'd give it a while before making any mods. I think you'd want to keep the vintage vibe. I know you've got the passive mode on a j-retro, but I'd still wait a while, or alternatively mod a regular jazz fretless.:)

5. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    i have had the pleasure of playing one of these basses and have nothing nice to say,THEY STINK!
    "one of the worst basses in history" reports bass player mag, JUST KIDDING! LOL LOL, i'm sorry thats what i would be saying if this post was about my JAY TURSER bass that i traded my olp mms copy for! i/m now waiting till the music store to open so i can go X-change it for an 1980's japanese p-bass copy, this bass rocks! its string through body bridge is made of brass and must weigh about a pound by itself, it is simialr to an ibanez "lawsuite" model, well enough about my bass .
    yours on the other hand is an awesome bass,the quality controll on it is superior to almost any fender i have had the pleasure(or dis-pleasure)to play,good luck even though you will not need it be-cause that bass in general is an excellent bass,it will not lot you down.:bassist: