Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suffocation-Chris Richards

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Vorago, May 28, 2004.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Howdie ye all!

I am seeing Suffocation live this summer (@graspop metal meeting, are there gonna be any TB'rs there?). I read all sorts of crazy stuff about their bassplayer, Chris Richards, 4finger technique at blasphemous speeds and stuff like that :scowl: ...Is he worth checking out? If he really is that good then I'll be there, front row! (no matter how many überdeath metal dudes there'll be in my back)...

2. he's very good, everyone in suffocation is. not as creative as digiorgio or langlois. but very good.

3. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    Death metal shows are so annoying cause of all the longhaired sweaty dudes that think it's cool to rub all over people next to them.

But if you're already going definately check him out cause he's great. All of Suffocation is great.

4. Kyuss80

Kyuss80

May 11, 2004
    Panama City, FL
    :mad: Hey... I'm a sweaty long haired guy...

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    ah damn, you are right, any thoughts on the new dude?

6. Eric Langlois(Cryptopsy) is the shizzouse :bassist:

7. Krogolas

Krogolas

Dec 15, 2003
    Finland
    Derek Boyer played in Decrepit Birth before he joined Suffocation, Decrepit Birth is very technical, so Boyer must be a technical player.

But there is no way that he is as good as Richards (god of dm bassplaying), it sucks so bad that Cerrito and Richards are no more in the band because they are the best!

But hell yes you should go watch the band, I know that they will kick ass.

8. I saw them twice with Chris on bass and it totally kills.

9. MortuaryRiot

MortuaryRiot

Jun 1, 2004
    I saw them about a month ago with the new bassist. He kicks ass and was able to play pretty much everything Chris Richards did and uses his fingers

10. Tom2k

Tom2k

Aug 21, 2005
    Bumping this thread.
    Anyone know what equipment Chris used ?

11. I'm listening to Suffocation right now. Wanted to bring this thread back from the grave